You are currently in Archive View Mode. You are now vieweing the call titled: Hot/Cool, which ended on 3/30/18, 12:00 PM. All call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
C O N D I T I O N S:
1. A maximum of FIVE entries per artist is permitted ($35 for up to two; $6 for each additional image, up to three).
2. One image (jpeg) per submission.
3. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 60 inches high and 48 inches wide nor weigh more than 50 lbs. 3D work may not exceed 6 feet on its longest side, and must weigh less than 75 lbs.
4. All two-dimensional works on paper must be matted under glass or plexiglass. Shipped work must use plexiglass.
5. Photographs printed on stretched canvas will not be accepted. Photographs framed under glass or plexiglass must be matted. Photos mounted on metal and photos under glass without a frame are acceptable and do not need a mat, as long as the backs are wired for hanging. Photographs should be signed, either on the mat or on the photo.
6. Works on gallery-wrapped canvas must have sides painted with no staples showing.
7. All work must be ready for presentation with the appropriate framing, hanging wires, etc. No spring clips or tape may be used to affix work to frame; work must be screwed into frame; No saw-tooth hanging - wire only. Work not meeting these framing standards will not be hung.
8. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, change the sales price, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted. All work must be for sale and must be removed from any online sales venue for duration of show. No work accepted and hung in show may be removed by artist until close of show. Work is considered consigned to Gallery Underground, who will be the exclusive seller of the work for the duration of the show.
9. Gallery Underground reserves the right to refuse any entry which does not match the images submitted or meet the criteria enumerated here. $35 entry fee is not refundable.
A C C E P T E D W O R K S:
Artworks may be hand delivered or shipped (hand delivered works must be delivered during specified receiving time only). Shipping instructions will be included in notification e-mail. The artist entrant will be responsible for all shipping charges in both directions. Work that does not contain return postage will not be shipped back and will become the property of Gallery Underground after 30 days from date of pickup. NO PACKING PEANUTS may be used for shipped work. Work that arrives with packing peanuts will not be hung in the show. Every precaution will be taken to handle artwork with the utmost care. However, Gallery Underground will not be responsible for damage or loss from any cause. Insuring shipped work for loss or damage in transit is highly recommended. Any work not picked up within 30 days from date of pickup will become property of Gallery Underground.
N O T I F I C A T I ON:
Notification of accepted or non-accepted work will be via email as early as possible after deadline, but no later than April 6, 2018.
S A L E S:
Sales will be promoted. All work must be for sale. Gallery Underground will retain a 30% commission on all sales.
P U B L I C I T Y D I S C L A I M E R:
Gallery Underground reserves the right to use entry photographs for purposes of publicity, documentation and promotion.
L E G A L A G R E E M E N T:
Submission of entry constitutes an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with all of the conditions and terms contained in this prospectus. No work accepted into this agreement may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition. All decisions of the Juror are final. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED TO APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT.